Archive

Posts Tagged ‘TX’

Man Electrocuted in TX Working on Utility Pole

December 30, 2010 Leave a comment

GOLIAD, TX – Bonnie Hennig will always remember her 48-year-old son as a handyman of sorts.

Hennig’s son, Lacy McDonald, of San Antonio, was killed instantly on Dec. 19 when he was electrocuted by nearly 30,000 volts of electricity while trying to disconnect power on a utility pole at the Fair Oaks Village Shopping Center in San Antonio, said Christine Patmon, manager of news media and public relations of CPS Energy, the company that owned the pole.

McDonald, of San Antonio, was a self-employed electrician and not an employee of CPS Energy, Patmon said.

“It was an unfortunate incident,” Patmon said.

McDonald did not call the energy company to have the electricity shut off, she added.

McDonald was installing electricity for a business at the shopping center, Fair Oaks Ranch Police Chief Scott Rubin said.

Rubin was unsure of the business’s name.

Those were the answers Hennig had been looking for.

At first, she said she was unaware if he had called to have the power shut off.

“Pointing fingers and stuff like that won’t bring him back,” she said.

The 1980 graduate of Victoria High School had worked in electricity and construction since high school, McDonald’s mother said.

He had recently remarried and had two children and two stepchildren, she added.

McDonald had lived in San Antonio for the past 30 years.

“You just shouldn’t have to bury your children and write their obituary,” she said

story via Victoria Advocate.com

Electric Short Causes Fire at Church in TX

December 2, 2010 Leave a comment

BROWNSVILLE, TX – The fire that forced a church to hold service outside is believed to have been an accident, according to the Brownsville fire chief.

Fire investigators say an electrical short started under the stage of Brownsville Fellowship Christian Church on Central Boulevard yesterday morning.

Investigators say a Christmas tree inside was not the source of the fire, but that the electrical short started the blaze and spread to the tree.

The church was forced to hold service outside Sunday morning. The building has major smoke damage.

Story via KRGV.com