Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Wales’

Electrical Control Panel Crushes Worker in Wales

November 28, 2011 Leave a comment

Ebbw Vale, Wales – Nov 25, 2011 – A family could seek personal injury compensation after a man died in a fatal accident at work.

Gareth Young passed away in August 2009 when an electrical control cabinet weighing around half a tonne fell on top of him while he worked for Moulded Paper at an industrial estate in Ebbw Vale.

The 60-year-old was crushed by the object as he attempted to remove sheet metal from it for re-use and apparently did not know it was unsecured as it lent against a wall at the premises.

An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that IMCO Limited – trading as Moulded Paper – had not taken sufficient precautions to ensure the health and safety of its employees.

Trevor Hay, inspector of the HSE, observed: “A competent risk assessment would have revealed the instability of the electrical control cabinet that fell on Mr Young.”

Recently, Terence Gardiner died when his neck was crushed in a piece of machinery while working for HG Gladwell and Sons near Ipswich.

Story via Russell, Jones & Walker

Electrical Control Panels Should be Securely Fastened to the Wall.  Perform Electrical Safety Audits to increase the safety of your workplace.

Martin Technical Electrical Safety Service

Advertisement - Click on Ad to visit Martin Technical

Advertisements

Multiple Electrical Safety Violations Leads to Condemned House of Landord in Wales

December 17, 2010 1 comment

Neath, Wales, United Kingdom РA Neath landlord has had his house of multiple occupation condemned by council officials.

Environmental Health officers found the property in Croft Road, Neath was at a substantial risk from fire and significant electrical faults potentially leading to electrocution of residents.

Head Of Business Strategy and Public Protection Angela Thomas said, “Conditions at the property were amongst the worse ever seen by officers. We were so concerned at the conditions, immediate enforcement action was necessary and the house was closed down to prevent further risk or injury to those living at the house.”

Council Leader Ali Thomas said, “It is everybody’s right to live safely within their home. Along with partners, we are committed to protecting the occupants of private rented properties, many of whom are vulnerable, throughout the county borough and we also look to work closely with the main private rented housing providers.

“Landlords who flout safety laws and fail to manage or maintain their properties put tenants’ lives at risk.”

story via newswales.co.uk